Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Left Turn Ahead Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

LEFT  TURN  AHEAD  PARABLE     SUBSCRIBE  
DATE of posting:       16 July 2014

PARABLE:  
With summer vacationers, both southbound lanes of our unlimited access highway 
are often packed, going 55 mph in both lanes, equalized by the few stop lights. 
Thus I often move into the left lane a couple of miles ( < 2 minutes) early 
when I see a few yards' space there. And often the drivers behind me 
get impatient that I'm in their way (traveling same speed as everyone else). 
      They'll flash their lights,    honk, 
      get on my bumper if there's space for me to move right, 
      trying to bully me to give what they want: MOVE!
....... Sometimes ~1/2 mile before my left turn, I'll briefly turn on my left signal -- and they back off. And I imagine them thinking "oh...." 

And sometimes I don't.
 
SO WHAT ??
But I do the same to God too often. It will seem like things are "going too slow", especially in music ministry. I'll "flash my lights" and honkingly pray, 
"God,   WHEN  are You goin' to do something? 
There's room now,     give me a break!"       
Sometimes God gives me a signal that a change is coming. 
And sometimes He doesn't.
....... But when the change does come and I see how glad I was that the turn came here and not "back there", I usually end up humbly... ashamedly praying, "oh...."


What does LORD God say ??       Proverbs 3: 5-7a    nkjv
  Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
             And lean not on your own understanding;
6   In all your ways acknowledge Him,
             ​And He shall direct your paths.
7a   DO NOT BE WISE IN YOUR OWN EYES....
___________________________________________________________________
From actual Facebook parables posted... For future use in original songs at FREE 
music website with over 300 MP3 audios & downloadable music sheets, at
http://www.DianaDeeOsbornesongs.com/
                        No registration needed to use music website!
©2014 DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website. 
CONTACT via https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne  if no Comment Box:)
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment