Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Mother's Gift Garden SADNESS- by DianaDee Osborne

Mother's Gift Garden Sadness - by DianaDee Osborne

DATE of posting:       12 May 2021            SUBSCRIBE  
https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne/

PARABLE:  
MOTHER'S DAY mini-PARABLE re John 14:15 etc: Let's say you love your Mom DEARLY. You want so much for her to be happy... 
 
but she gently told you in March that she really doesn't care so much anymore about candy or florist cut flowers. Wanting to give her joy, you tell her you'll do anything she wants. 
 
She says "Please plant a small Zinnia flower garden for me in the back yard where I sit thru the summer." May comes, and for Mother's Day -----
 
......... INSTEAD, you decide to plant a huge bed of lovely roses. It IS GORGEOUS.
You tell Mom, "You'll like these much more! You won't have to ever weed them, & they'll come back each year." Your Mom, of course, thanks you very much with a smile. Even though she really wanted a summer garden.
 

SO WHAT ??
......... God has told us quite clearly what He wants. I don't need to spell it out... His Holy Spirit gives us wisdom if we ask as we read what God Himself said (James 1:5 and John 14:26 which people often forget- JESUS says the HS will help us remember all Jesus taught. And since Jesus is God never changing, that includes His Word in what we call the Old Testament).
 
......... NO - NO!... NOTHING we do can "EARN" heaven!! But..... Our Father says what He wants in Exodus 20 and more,  in His Simple commandments. 
 
We who dearly love Him WANT to give Him pleasure. So should we be assuming that He's just as pleased by substitute gifts?
......... Sometimes I wonder if God is like Mom in this way... 
very pleased by our deep love. 
YET... rather disappointed that we won't take time & energy to learn and do  exactly what He's said   He really wanted.

What does LORD God say ?? 
John 15,  Jesus who is God dwelling on Earth for a time (see Zechariah 2:10 and Gospel of John Chapter 1) clearly SAID what He Likes and WANTS, more than OUR ideas.
“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Prayer: 
LORD God who is named YHWH (You said in Isaiah 42:8 Hebrew),
Help me to know what YOU want.... to do what YOU want.... to
stop thinking I am so wise that I can figure out a "better" gift than what I know You've
said You really like.....

Photo Credit: 
(1)  extension.msstate.edu/news/southern-gardening/2020/benary-giant-magellan-are-great-garden-zinnias
(2) PlantedWell.com/rose-garden-ideas
___________________________________________________________________

See also FACEBOOK SONG IDEAS posted... For future use in original songs at FREE 
music website with  OVER 600 MP3 audios  & downloadable music sheets, at
http://www.DianaDeeOsbornesongs.com/
           No registration needed to use music website OR to download songs!

©2021 DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website. 
CONTACT via website with NAME in FROM box, or https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne 
You are welcome to submit COMMENTS for possible blog publication via Facebook Message! 
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
New King James Version used unless otherwise noted.