Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Surprised By God's "NO HEALING"

SURPRISED BY GOD'S "NO HEALING" - by DianaDee Osborne

DATE of posting:       16 June 2021            SUBSCRIBE  
https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne/

PARABLE:  
Are you SURPRISED when God doesn't answer your prayers for healing after many months... or years? You'd think "Faith" would mean not being surprised by Miracles, but wondering "What did I do WRONG?" if God does NOT heal.

SO WHAT ??
Where are the sermons? >> It intrigues me that Never Yet have I heard a sermon wondering if perhaps Paul was SURPRISED by the events leading him to write 2nd Corinthians 12:7-10 ... when he realized that  NO, God was NOT going to deliver him from whatever "that" was
 
even to "let Paul serve God Better" 
(in Paul's humble opinion).... 
After all-- 
we readers have often been "surprised" when God does not answer the way that seems best to US..

What does LORD God say ?? 
James 1, beginning with audience: SUFFERING FOLLOWERS scattered by persecution:

To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad:  Greetings.
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  
knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  
But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, 
who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.  
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting,
for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
 
2nd Corinthians 12  - Paul speaking about a problem that appears to have been
physical,  because of the word "infirmities" in verse 10.
As much as Paul served God, if anyone "deserved" healing, it was Paul.
But God who always knows best said NO HEALING when Paul repeatedly prayed.

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me
 
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Prayer: 
LORD God, it is difficult to imagine being "PLEASED" with lack of healing, with infirmities,
as Paul said in Verse 10. But YOU guided Paul to write that.
So please help me to be as YOU want... including trusting Your EVERY NO
as well as delighting in your YES answers to my prayers -- even about healing. Thank you.

Photo Credit: 
Credit is in photo itself
___________________________________________________________________

See also (1) http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com/  for SONG STORIES with Parable Songs;
and
(2) MUSIC  "LYRICS FOR YOUR MUSIC"   -- already formatted with TIMING, 
copyrighted BUT AVAILABLE  for Musicians (see FUTURE tabs on DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com), website  below) at this BLOG LINK:    https://LyricsForYourMusic.blogspot.com/
(3) 
FREE  music website with  ALMOST 700 MP3 audios, plus ACCOMPANIMENT TRACKS
      & downloadable music sheets, at
http://www.DianaDeeOsbornesongs.com/
           No registration needed to use music website OR to download songs!

©2021 DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website. 
CCLI.com  songwriter #P272655
 
HOW TO CONTACT =  via website with NAME in FROM box, or
Welcome to submit COMMENTS for possible blog publication via Facebook Message! 
 
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. New King James Version used unless otherwise noted.