Tuesday, June 15, 2021

When I'm Tired Of ME

WHEN I'M TIRED OF ME - by DianaDee Osborne
DATE of posting:       15 June 2021            SUBSCRIBE  
https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne/


PARABLE:  
I am SO tired of myself. (See FAIRY TALE quote in photo). I've sadly joked: Few people I actually dislike being with-- but too often: One = ME. Unlike people, I can't just avoid Me. ... Tired of seeing I'm dumber than I'd thought. (Silly: Should know that by now!) Tired of decision making-- It always risks finding out I made a dumb one. ( ! ) ... Tired of fighting temptations re diet & "Discernment VS being Critical"-- constant possibility of failure Most of all: Tired of being sad realizing that even my thoughts can hurt God & He doesn't deserve that after all His blessings...
.
"A Double Story" = GREAT "fairy tale" parable QUOTE by George MacDonald, best friend of C.S. Lewis (Narnia bks)... 
 
A selfish girl thinks she's BETTER than others, & "CAN DO IT ALL BY MYSELF". 
 
The Wise Woman (author's GOD parable) teaches her by LEAVING her by herself. 
 
ONLY after repeated failures does girl learn she is NOT EVER going to be good enough without the Wise Woman-- 
 
Who then tells her, I WILL HELP you-- because ONLY NOW can I help you.
 
 
SO WHAT ??
Being not as smart as I'd like.... I'm not sure how to word this Parable of ourselves. 
But that itself is a key clue:  
HUMBLENESS that tells God, like this girl had said: 
"I don't even like me without You, LORD GOD. 
I'm sorry. I WANT to be how You want.  Please help me." ....

What does LORD God say ?? 
Through John 14:26,  Jesus clearly tells us that HE SENDS US HELP
so that we can REMEMBER ALL that He taught us....
and remember that as God dwelling Among us (Zechariah 2:10 + John 1:14),
that means ALL the scriptures, He will help us to remember as we need!
(JOHN 14:27,  therefore we will have PEACE beyond understanding.)
 
Through 2nd Corinthians 3:18 -- God clearly tells us that HE SENDS US HELP 
so that we can GROW TO REFLECT Him, to BE more like Him, 
thru the Holy Spirit answering our prayers, including those when we pray: 
"I don't like me. Please help ME to be someone pleasing to YOU, dear LORD."

Prayer: 
LORD God, it is SO amazing that You, the LORD of All, INVITE us to "reason with You",
respectfully of course -- Isaiah 1:18.
Please forgive me when my prayers are selfish. 
When my feelings drive me to pray foolish, complaining, or DISCOURAGED words....
Help me to truly reflect You in all parts of my life ---- including in my prayers themselves.
THANK YOU, LORD GOD.

Photo Credit: 
Credit is included added to photo itself
___________________________________________________________________

See also (1) http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com/  for SONG STORIES with Parable Songs;
and
(2) MUSIC  "LYRICS FOR YOUR MUSIC"   -- already formatted with TIMING, 
copyrighted BUT AVAILABLE  for Musicians (see FUTURE tabs on DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com), website  below) at this BLOG LINK:    https://LyricsForYourMusic.blogspot.com/
(3) 
FREE  music website with  ALMOST 700 MP3 audios, plus ACCOMPANIMENT TRACKS
      & downloadable music sheets, at
http://www.DianaDeeOsbornesongs.com/
           No registration needed to use music website OR to download songs!

©2021 DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website. 
CCLI.com  songwriter #P272655
 
HOW TO CONTACT =  via website with NAME in FROM box, or
Welcome to submit COMMENTS for possible blog publication via Facebook Message! 
 
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. New King James Version used unless otherwise noted.